10/21/2008 (5 Comments) (5 Comments)
1. Cilke turning on Calle: That’s a lie, Calle. You couldn’t have heard anything that the rest of us didn’t hear. Liar.
· Calle: I heard Mekussa say it.
· Cilke: You made it up.
2. Calle: You just don’t want to accept the fact that we’re leaving with Mekussa and you’re down here in this … horrible place. Alone.
3. Cilke by herself: … Is Mekussa abandoning us?
4. Mekussa sitting with Chatin: The care aids will come twice a day with food. You will be alone down here for the rest of the time. You remember what I showed you earlier and told you to do, Chatin?
· Chatin: Yes, Mekussa, I can do it. *pause* Mekussa,… has the ‘time’ come?
5. Mekussa hugging Chatin: Three weeks and everything will be like it was before. I will find you. Don’t be afraid, Chatin,… some “times” are short.
I really enjoy just shading like this. And no, I did not make the background textures and such. They are brushes that I picked up from this site. I have several hundred brushes and … don’t recall where I get them all, but they are all available freely on the web. I keep forgetting to add the links to my sidebars to give proper credit.
I’m beginning to figure out exactly what I am doing and the correct order to do it in. Normally, I letter first, then I shade. With Painter Essentials, it renders my lettering layers into files because it doesn’t support fonts… which makes it a little time consuming to edit if I mispell something. 😀 So now, I do the backgrounds in photoshop, for the most part and then shade in painter, then back to photoshop for lettering.
I’m far more comfortable with this than I was using Manga Studio. I had issues with Manga Studio’s exporting and toning. I don’t have to tone. It’s not like I’m really doing Manga and well… there are so many people doing manga that it’s fun to try something different and have a slightly fresher look since everyone’s using the same tones over .. and over again.